Frontier Group’s policy associate position is appropriate for all entry-level candidates and some post-graduate-level candidates (depending on experience) who seek a career in advocacy-centered research and policy development.
Policy associates split their time between policy analysis work with Frontier Group and a program of intensive training and hands-on experience in public interest advocacy and organizing conducted in partnership with the Public Interest Network. Upon successful completion of the two-year program, the associate will be eligible for a policy analyst position within Frontier Group, or may choose to be considered for a leadership role with one of our partner organizations.
A Frontier Group Policy Associate’s job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Writing compelling reports on social problems and their solutions using a variety of methodologies including literature reviews and data analysis.
- Providing information to advocates to help them craft a message that will change minds, spur action and generate media attention.
- Collaborating with partner organizations to design and implement report ideas and to maximize distribution of our product.
- Writing op-eds, articles and letters to the editor that insert our findings into the public debate.
- Participating in trainings, presentations and panels.
- Learning the skills of canvassing and managing a fundraising operation, and running a canvass office for a partner organization during the summer months.
- Learning recruiting skills and applying them to job recruitment drives for graduating college seniors seeking careers in social change.
We are looking for skilled candidates with an understanding of and appreciation for the role of information in political organizing. Candidates should have excellent writing skills, a problem-solving orientation, the ability to thrive under deadline, and the ability to think critically and present persuasive arguments. We’re looking for individuals with a track record of academic success and proven leadership ability, as well as excellent judgment, discretion and the ability to manage significant projects. Familiarity with quantitative analysis is a plus, as is experience in debate, public speaking, journalism, political campaigning, fundraising, and/or grassroots political organizing.
The target annual compensation for this position is $31,000 in the first year. Frontier Group offers a competitive benefits package. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement.
Boston, MA. We’re transitioning back to in-person work after working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Start date for current opening
We’re accepting applications for positions starting in winter 2024.
Prepare a resume and cover letter, and submit your application at http://workforprogress.org/apply/?pos=Policy+Associate&org=Frontier+Group&id=101, or use the form below. Please include a list of references in your cover letter document. If we are interested in your application after reviewing your resume and cover letter, we will send you an email asking you to submit a writing sample and complete a brief questionnaire.
Things to know when you apply
Frontier Group is part of The Public Interest Network. We’re a group of organizations working to address challenges our society can’t afford to ignore, including protecting the air and water from pollution, preserving a livable climate, transforming systems of transportation and energy, assuring a safe and abundant food system, and protecting consumers in the global marketplace.
Throughout The Public Interest Network, we believe that a clear vision, common-sense ideas, a fact-driven case for action, and the power of bringing people together are the necessary ingredients to any successful effort to solve society’s problems. We share a set of core values and a strategic approach to making positive change. Click here for things you should know about our network when you apply.
Center for Public Interest Research is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for the Frontier Group Policy Associate